Sunday, February 8, 2009

Ephemeral Pleasures

I've just published a new video featuring photos of Mouse, my favorite subject. The photos are not new and you've probably seen most of them before if you are at all familiar with my work since these are my favorites and the ones that I'm putting into my web gallery, For Love of a Gray Horse....BUT the difference here is the lovely music which was written by my friend Daryl Lunsford just for these photos. 
Several weeks ago I joined Face Book...already wrote about that long delayed event in a prior blog submission:)......and I "met up" with several old friends, many of whom I hadn't seen or heard from since high school (back in the dark ages of the SEVENTIES!!) One of those friends was Daryl Lunsford. I remember Daryl as an extremely talented(he not only played several instruments but was artistic and creative as well), sweet, funny, always smiling and full of personality, hardly typical teenage boy. My sweetest memory of Daryl was that he dressed up as Santa Clause (now what typical teenage boy would do that??) for a club I belonged to in high school that had organized a Christmas party for local kids. Daryl even brought his guitar and played for us. The kids loved him and not just because he was disguised as St Nick! So, Daryl and I reconnected on face book and he saw some of my photographs. He told me that they reminded him of this beautiful Tennessee valley where we both grew up (blocks apart) in tiny little Loudon. He was inspired by my photos to write a beautiful short piece of music (I put up a video with it a few weeks ago) which he has since expanded on. The song was always very lovely but this new longer version is just outstanding. I know you will enjoy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I Could Fly

If I Could Fly
The wind of heaven is that which flows between a horse's ears.