Sunday, May 17, 2009

The New Kids in Tennessee and Scenes from Missouri


A few photos from both our trip to Missouri and the "new boys" back here in Tennessee. Mouse stayed in Missouri with Huston. She will be bred later this month to a son of the great Missouri Traveler named Traveler's Sensational Zane. He is a gorgeous chestnut stallion and so sweet. His name says it all; he has wonderful breeding. His sire was the aforementioned Missouri Traveler and his mother was a daughter of the famous Zane Grey. Between his breeding and Mouse's, we should get one amazing foal. I'm both scared and nervous--first time horse mom jitters. I am of course hoping for a dapple gray baby that looks just like its beautiful mom. Both Huston and my friend, Fran Forester, tell me that is most likely. Huston also tells me that our lovely Mouse is not a gray dapple but a silver dapple. Can you tell that I love this horse? I've fallen in love with her son as well, Sensational Boy J, that I call Django and her brother, Sensational N' Honey, who is known as Ranga (Australian for red) Rowdy. Both horses live with us now and fill my heart with joy ALMOST as much as Mouse did. I do miss that girl! Photos of all are on this little video that I hope you enjoy viewing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I Could Fly

If I Could Fly
The wind of heaven is that which flows between a horse's ears.