Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New "Fan" Site

I've set up a "fan" site on facebook. Check it out and if you like it, join. I've put up a small portfolio there. I did have several albums of images posted until my friend and fellow equine photographer, Emily Peak(thank you, Emily!!), pointed out to duffus me that people could easily steal my images. I deleted them immediately and have since uploaded a few with both a watermark and digimark applied. I know that people can right click most images on the web and download them but on my own websites and here, I can track exactly who does that. Facebook does not allow any type of tracking/stat keeping that I can find in their applications. For everyone's information because this was news to me, another equine artist and friend, Renee Fukumoto(thanks so much, Renee!!), told me that there is actually html code available on the web that will prevent right click downloads. I plan to find that and put it in all of my websites. Just some info that I've found very useful and thought I'd share with all of you since my pals, mentioned above, were nice enough to have my back and share it with me. Take care all~Sande
NOTE: the post that I mentioned in my RB journal(short PS tutorial) is directly below this one:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I Could Fly

If I Could Fly
The wind of heaven is that which flows between a horse's ears.